Every year the folks over at Pantone pick a ‘Color of the Year’ that sets hue trends for the 12 months ahead. Just before we rang in the New Year, it was announced that Pantone’s colour of the year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid.
If you’re looking for ways to incorporate this purple-pink tone into your life, look no further. Everywhere you glance, fashion and beauty retailers are brightening up their displays with this floral shade.
I have compiled a small collection of fashion and beauty items in the colour of the moment to help inspire your next shopping trip.
- This eyeshadow trio is by Smashbox and the set is called Autochrome. If Pantone didn’t have their own namesake collection with Sephora, I’d swear this was created just for them. $28 Beauty.com
- Années Folles, which is the name of this gloss from Nars, is what they call the “Roaring Twenties” in France. Dab this on your pout, and I’m sure it’ll help you have a roaring twenty-fourteen. $26 Nars Cosmetics
- When you don’t really feel like dressing up too brightly, you can always dress up your phone. This Marc by Marc Jacobs case is here to help! $20 The Outnet
- With all the snow on the ground now, you need to wear sunnies to protect your eyes. Why wear a boring black pair when you can get these violet Cole Haan cat eyes? $78 Cole Haan
- On New Year’s Eve did you resolve to work out more? Don’t forget style at the gym with the Nike Free 5.0. $100 Bloomingdales
- With all the purple makeup you’re buying, you’ll need somewhere to store it. Tory Burch has you covered with this Saffiano leather makeup bag. $95 Tory Burch
- If your “Color of the Year” budget has no ceiling, you might want to take a look at this gorgeous, beaded Emilio Pucci purse. This makes me want to cry about all the frivolous things I spent my money on instead of buying this bag. $2,490 LuisaViaRoma.com
- If you find yourself avoiding puddles on rainy days because you don’t have a pair of rubber boots, perhaps it’s time to take the plunge and get classic Hunter boots in this of-the-moment shade. $140 Hunter
- Even if you already gave up on your resolution to get fit, this Adidas crewneck will look just as cute on the streets. $45 Adidas
- Check how you new makeup is holding up throughout the day with a cute floral compact mirror from Forever 21. $3.80 Forever 21
- Whether you prefer to unwind by running, yoga, or with a glass of wine on the couch, these bright tights from Roxy will keep you comfy and stylish. $88 Sears
- You’ll look like an angel with Victoria’s Secret lacquer in Drama Queen on your nails. $10 Victoria’s Secret
Whether you love it or hate it, pinks and purples are going to be around for the next little while. You might as well embrace it and get some cool looks out of it.